Washington is a destination state for motorcyclists, with scenic routes for riders throughout the state, including in Snohomish where bikers enjoy iconic rides like the route along Ben Howard Road following the winding Skykomish River. Many Snohomish motorcyclists also enjoy the gas savings of a daily motorcycle ride to work or school during the fair weather seasons. As thrilling as a motorcycle ride in the open air may be, the same open design that makes a motorcycle ride so exciting also leaves motorcyclists vulnerable to severe injuries in an accident. If you or a close family member sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, a motorcycle accident attorney in Snohomish is ready to help you gain compensation for the undue damages you’ve suffered. In accident and injury claims, the word “damages” refers to all of the consequences of an accident to the victim, including both tangible economic costs and intangible impacts like pain and suffering.
Call the personal injury lawyers in Snohomish today at the law firm of Wells Trumbull for a free consultation to learn how we can help you with your motorcycle accident case.
Why Choose Us as Your Snohomish Motorcycle Accident Attorneys?
No one should have to take on the complex legal system while they’re recovering from serious injuries. At Wells Trumbull, our compassionate legal team understands the heavy toll a motorcycle accident takes on the victim and their family. We are ready to put a powerful voice behind your claim with the following advantages:
- We offer free confidential case consultations and no upfront fees. Instead, we only take a fee after we secure your check for financial compensation
- Our motorcycle accident attorneys in Snohomish are skilled negotiators who understand the value of arguing from a position of evidence-backed strength to secure a settlement from insurance companies who understand the risk of taking the case to court
- We find creative solutions with a results-oriented approach to the individual circumstances of each client’s case
- Our track record of success in securing millions of dollars for our clients over our years of client advocacy in Snohomish benefits your legal claim for damages
At Wells Trumbull, we believe in open and honest communication with our clients throughout the legal process so they’re never kept in the dark about the progress of their all-important motorcycle injury case in Snohomish.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Snohomish
When a motorcyclist experiences an accident with a larger vehicle, they almost always sustain the bulk of the injuries due to direct contact with the roadway. Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Snohomish County include the following:
- Distracted drivers
- Speeding drivers
- Drivers who “tailgate” or follow a motorcycle too closely
- Drivers making a left turn who fail to detect or recognize a motorcycle approaching from the left because they’re focused on oncoming traffic from the right
- Parked drivers who open a car door in the path of an approaching motorcycle
- Intoxicated drivers
- Inexperienced motorcyclists
- Debris, potholes, or cracked pavement in the roadway
Injuries in Snohomish Motorcycle Accident Claims
Although helmets protect motorcyclists against some types of head injuries and are life-saving in many motorcycle accidents, the rest of the rider’s body remains extremely vulnerable to grave injuries in a crash. Even the best helmet cannot protect from brain injuries caused by a strong jolt which forces the brain to bump against the inside of the skull. Because the rider’s body directly impacts the road, the other vehicle in a collision, or nearby obstacles, injuries are often life-altering. Common injuries in motorcycle accident claims in Washington include the following:
- Traumatic head injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Road rash abrasions
- Thoracic injuries with internal damage
- Soft tissue damage, bruises, and lacerations
- Broken teeth and facial injuries
Even the less serious injuries some fortunate motorcyclists experience after a crash can cause a significant financial burden. The most serious injuries may result in permanent disability or death. If a loved one dies after a motorcycle injury in Snohomish, a Washington wrongful death attorney can help close family members gain compensation for their loss.
What Damages Can I Recover in My Snohomish Motorcycle Accident Claim?
A motorcycle accident quickly becomes costly, not only due to property damage to a motorcycle but also due to expensive medical treatments and time away from work during recovery. Common damages cited in motorcycle accident claims in Snohomish include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses for further injury-related care and rehabilitation
- Lost income
- Future lost wages
- Lowered capacity to earn due to disability
- Pain and suffering
- Other applicable non-economic damages such as disfigurement, traumatic limb loss, PTSD, or loss of enjoyment of life
Serious injuries require serious treatment and ongoing care. When someone else is responsible for the injuries, the victim shouldn’t be left with the undue burden of expenses.
Proving Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Washington
Drivers on the roadways in Snohomish and throughout Washington have a duty to follow traffic laws, avoid distractions, and remain vigilant to the presence of motorcycles sharing the roadways. Proving liability in a motorcycle accident requires showing the following legal points of liability:
- The at-fault party owed a duty of reasonable care to prevent causing injuries to others
- They breached this duty due to an act of negligence or recklessness
- Their breach of duty directly caused injury
- The injury victim suffered significant damages from the injury
Negligent drivers are the most common liable party in Washington motorcycle accident cases, but less commonly, fault could lie with a negligent road maintenance agency or the manufacturer of a defective motorcycle or automobile part. Your Snohomish car accident attorney from Wells Trumbull specializing in motorcycle accidents will investigate all aspects of your accident to determine the negligent party and prove their liability to craft a compelling case for full compensation for your damages.
Call the Snohomish Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Wells Trumbull Today
Insurance companies commonly take unfair advantage of Washington’s comparative negligence insurance laws to assign an unfair percentage of fault to motorcyclists after an accident. This lowers the amount of compensation they pay to victims by their percentage of fault. For example, if they determine the motorcyclist as 25% at fault for the accident, they can reduce a $100,000 payout to $75,000. An experienced attorney anticipates and counteracts these tactics with evidence and client advocacy.
Call or contact the skilled motorcycle accident lawyers in Snohomish at Wells Trumbull today so we can begin a strong legal strategy to recover full compensation for your damages, including for your pain and suffering. We’re ready to be a voice for justice in your Snohomish motorcycle accident case.