Sudden serious injuries are traumatic, whether they occur in an auto accident, through a bad fall, from a defective product, or any unexpected occurrence. When the injury happens due to someone else’s carelessness, reckless behavior, or intentional wrongdoing, the pain may be multiplied by a need for justice and accountability. Even minor injuries may cause financial hardship with only a few missed workdays and incoming medical bills. However, when an injury occurs to the spinal cord, the victim faces life-altering consequences.
A spinal cord injury is a catastrophic life event, resulting in partial or total disability. It can be difficult for a victim of this type of injury to wrap their mind around the changes ahead. Adding the strain of devastating financial consequences to an already traumatic situation only increases the distress. A spinal cord injury lawyer in Snohomish can help.
A Snohomish personal injury lawyer cannot erase the injury or undo the damage. Still, they can help you recover financial compensation for your losses so you can focus on maximizing your physical recovery to the greatest possible extent. Call our spinal cord injury lawyers in Snohomish today so an attorney from Wells Trubull can begin a powerful legal strategy to recover compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Us for Your Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Snohomish?
The attorneys at Wells Trumbull have many years of combined experience navigating personal injury law in Washington with a stunning track record of success. We’ve secured millions of dollars for our Snohomish injury victims in settlements and court awards for damages. In a personal injury claim, the word “damages” refers to all of the economic and non-economic consequences of the injury. In spinal cord injury claims, those damages are substantial and ongoing. At Wells Trumbull, we’ll provide the following important benefits to your spinal cord injury claim in Washington:
- A free case consultation and contingency-based fees so you pay nothing until after we secure your settlement or court award
- Experienced legal guidance and counsel throughout every aspect of your claim
- Access to the best medical experts to evaluate your condition and its impact on your life, daily routines, and ability to earn a living
- A dedicated advocate who will take the time to get to know you and your family to personally witness the impact of the spinal cord injury on your life so they can craft the most compelling case for your full compensation
- A compassionate personal injury attorney who will deftly navigate your claim to maximize your financial recovery and hold the at-fault party accountable
No one should take on the legal system alone when striving for the largest possible amount of compensation for the considerable damages associated with a spinal cord injury. Let the best spinal cord injury lawyers in Snohomish work on your financial recovery while you focus on your physical recovery.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Washington
Despite the protection of a bony column of vertebrae, the delicate bundle of nerves in the spinal cord remains vulnerable to damage during a significant impact. When bones splinter and break, or severe inflammation and bleeding cause damage or pressure to the important neurons responsible for transmitting messages from the brain to the body, the consequences may be partial or total paralysis from below the level of the injury. The most common causes of spinal cord injuries in Washington include the following:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Falls from heights
- Workplace injuries
- Contact sports
- Recreational activities like diving, skiing, and boating
- Birth injuries
- Acts of violence
In some cases, medical malpractice or defective products may cause injuries resulting in spinal cord damage. No matter how the injury occurred, if it was a preventable injury that wouldn’t have happened if another person or business entity had taken reasonable measures to prevent causing harm, then you deserve compensation and justice.
Proving Liability in a Spinal Cord Accident
When someone else’s careless, reckless, or intentionally wrongful actions cause an injury, you shouldn’t be left with the undue burden of expenses as well as the physical consequences of the injury. This is especially true in catastrophic injuries in Washington such as spinal cord injuries. A Snohomish spinal cord injury attorney from Wells Trumbull will investigate the incident that caused the injury and identify the liable party. Documenting the following legal points of evidence is critical in a personal injury claim, including in spinal cord injury cases:
- The at-fault party had a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent causing injury to others
- They breached this duty through an act of negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing
- Their breach of duty directly caused the spinal cord injury
- You’ve suffered serious physical and economic damages due to the injury
Never accept a fast settlement offer by an insurance company. They require you to sign away your right to a lawsuit and an early offer is almost always far less than you can recover after a Snohomish spinal cord injury lawyer carefully calculates your damages.
What Damages Can I Claim in a Spinal Cord Injury Case?
If you’ve suffered a disabling spinal cord injury, you’re facing a tremendous change in your life and ability to earn a living. A successful claim for damages can help relieve financial burdens by recovering compensation for damages such as some or all of the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses for ongoing treatment, equipment, modifications to the home and vehicle, home health care assistance, physical therapy, and treatment for related conditions faced by many victims of spinal cord injuries
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity due to disability
- Household services
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (the ability to enjoy a full emotional and physical relationship with a loved one)
A spinal cord injury is one of the most expensive injuries to treat and involves a lifetime of care. Nothing is as critical as recovering compensation so you can focus on reaching your maximum medical improvement and moving forward with your life.
Call the Spinal Cord Injury Law Team in Snohomish Today
At Wells Trumbull, we have deep compassion for those who suffer catastrophic, life-changing injuries like spinal cord damage and resulting partial or total paralysis. Let us advocate for the justice you deserve. Call or contact our Snohomish law office today so we can hear about your case and begin a strong strategy for compensation.